Welcome...

Thanks for viewing my blog! I hope you like it!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The First Week

My first week was a mixture of terrifying, stimulating and hilarious. My first class was American History and I really made an “impression”. I checked my schedule and the class started at 10:30am. I like to get to school early so I set my alarm for 8:00am and of course I overslept. I woke up at 9:50am and rushed around like a maniac to get out the door. I made it to campus at 10:35am and strolled into class. I was immediately accosted by a teacher I had never met before that was asking why I was late. I was a bit stunned because I have never been late to a previous class and I was only 5 minutes late. All the desks were filled, so I had to sit in a discarded chair in the front of the room like I was in a naughty seat. About 10 minutes after I arrived, another student entered and was also told he was late. At the end of the class the teacher advised us that everyone should arrive by 10:00am for class. At that moment I realized, I wasn’t 5 minutes late, but 35 minutes late. I was horrified and this week I have to make sure I am extra early just too karmic compensate for last week.

Thankfully, the rest of my week was much better. I was off of work most of the week, which is always nice; I received my placement for the middle school I will be observing this semester, my old alma mater Gaugher-Cobbs; and I went to see Sherlock Holmes. I also like all of my teachers. They all seem to be passionate about what they teach and bring enthusiasm to what they are teaching. I hope that I will be that type of teacher. I was also researching different school districts and charter schools to see where I would like to teach. I can’t wait to graduate and have my own students!

Stay Tuned for Future Developments,
The 20-Something Mystic

No comments:

Post a Comment