Welcome...

Thanks for viewing my blog! I hope you like it!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Right Around the Corner

My winter break is ending and I start my next semester on Tuesday. I am excited to start my new classes and get one semester closer to the finish line, my degree! I also feel a little sad that I can just come home from work and just "vege" out by watching TV or read leisurely. Starting on Tuesday, I will be surrounded by required reading, homework, deadlines and new responsibilities. I am hoping the new schedule I have created myself will keep me organized so I can not only study and get homework done, but also exercise and volunteer with my favorite organizations.

This semester I will actually be taking several education classes that will have a direct impact on my future students and I will be taking lots of notes. I also hope to attend the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) in March so I can make some connections with other students and teachers that are passionate about science. I am also reading, Work Hard. Be Nice. by Jay Matthews about Mike Feinberg and Dave Levin, the founders of the Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP). The created the first and most successful charter schools catering to students with low-income and minority backgrounds to give them an excellent education and a way to get to college and be successful. I hope to work in one of their schools when I graduate or a school with the same principles.

Stay Tuned for Future Developments,
The 20-Something Mystic

No comments:

Post a Comment